Amelia is a bash script specifically made for Gentoo Linux though it can be used with other Linux distributions and POSIX systems. It tries to increase free disk space by deleting garbage stored in usual locations:
- Thumbnails (for the moment only works if users' directories are in /home) (~/.thumbnails)
- Linux kernel object files (/usr/src/linux*)
- ccache cache files (~/.ccache)
- Portage emerge downloaded files (distfiles) (by default /usr/portage/distfiles)
- Portage temporary files (by default /var/tmp/portage)
- Portage webrsync downloaded and temporary files (by default /var/tmp/emerge-webrsync)
- Portage downloaded and built binary packages (by default /usr/portage/packages).
- Macromedia Flash temporary files (/tmp/Flash-*).
Source code (use this link in ebuilds).
Copyright © 2007 Jesús Pérez. Licensed under the terms of the Artistic License.